Relationship and Sexuality Education curriculum to enhance protective behaviours for kids and teenagers can be found at Youth Wellbeing Project. Comprehensive resources are available for Primary and High Schools to deliver in State or Private/Christian Schools and small community organisations.
Our resources take a positive and respectful approach to relationships by:
- Providing a strong focus on increasing protective behaviours
- Incorporating skills in lower primary school to know how to respond to explicit online content
- Acknowledging the developmental stages of young people and encouraging delay of sexual activity
- Increasing awareness of ethical behaviour, consent and respect, which form the basis for having experiences free of coercion, discrimination and violence
- Providing harm-minimisation education and strategies
- Offering clear educational direction to avoid early onset of behaviours that may cause additional emotional, psychological, social and health risks
- Addressing risk factors and unhealthy adolescent behavioural patterns that may be detrimental to healthy adult relationships
- Equipping young people to understand, value, develop and express themselves in ways that are non-exploitive, mutually wanted, unifying and life enhancing
- Providing tools to understand, critique and deconstruct representations of explicit content in verbal, visual, and performance media
Educators and professionals are invited to visit Youth Wellbeing Project and arrange a no obligation consultation.